Monday, March 13, 2017

Bring on the Celebrations - March Design Team Project


Hey everyone! I am back with my March Design Team post with this month's theme of Spring/Celebrations with the twist of balloons. I thought for this one what I would do is show you some video tutorials on how I made the birthday cards with the fun balloons I did for my design team project. I am new to doing videos so not sure how good my video is, but hopefully you can follow along and make some of your own balloons for your projects!

So, for the first part of my project - the Balloon Twist for this month - I wanted the balloons to pop and have a 3D feel to them. So here is a short video tutorial on how I made them. Please excuse the shadows in the video - as I said I am still learning and obviously have to get some better lighting in my craft room!



Then, for the background of the cards, I used the new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks. I originally thought of doing a short video of this as well, but as you can hear in my video above I realized that there was no point doing this when Tim Holtz does a much better job if it than I would. So here is a link to the video that I used to do the backgrounds.

 
I ended up making several more cards using this technique and all the balloons that I made for my original project. Here are the cards I made - some with balloons and some without (using Tim Holtz's tutorial I ended up with a LOT of paper for card backgrounds). 






I hope you enjoy my tutorial and use it to make your own balloons and/or cards! And don't forget to enter this month's challenge!! 

Take care and have a very crafty day everyone!

4 comments: