Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Fabric ATC

Our monthly challenge is ATC's in two's.  The two can be two ATC's, two elements, or I chose to do two different ways of using black on my fabric ATC.


I started with two layers of fabric and then I stitched them together by hand.  (next time I will do this by machine - my hands are not as young as they use to be).  I decided to leave it messy and let the strings hang off the edge.




In a prior life I sewed and I sewed very well but I have purged many of my supplies so dug through my supplies and found some things that coordinated.  After quilting the fabric together, I added several different layers of lace and trim.  The B is from my card making supplies.  This little piece of art will be on my B wall in my living room.


You can see that the trim and the B have the "2 element" of each having the color black in them.  This was fun to play with and I do hope to make a bigger fabric "B" piece of art.

Thanks for stopping by the Mixed Media Mojo blog and I hope you join us in our challenge in this month.

3 comments:

  1. Love this Barb! The fabric and trim are so wonderful!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat way to combine the 2! I can't sew worth a darn so hats off to you! I love the bold black and the pretty mess of the strings hanging. Awesome design Barb! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to do this this month!! Kim, make me do this..nag me please! lol

    ReplyDelete